On October 27, 2020, at approximately 4:29 AM the Fort Frances Fire Rescue Service responded to a residential fire in the 500 Block of Front Street.
Five full-time Firefighters, eight part-time Firefighters, the Fire Chief and two pumper trucks responded to the scene.
Due to the quick response of firefighters, the fire was quickly knocked down and contained to a small area; the cause of the fire has been determined to be electrical.
I would like to thank all members of our team who responded to this fire. Well done!
I would also like to thank the residents of the home for being responsible and having working smoke alarms. The residents were alerted to this fire early on due to the activation of a working smoke alarm, which woke everyone up who were asleep.
Working Smoke Alarms Save Lives!
Meanwhile, I would like to remind everyone to check the date on their smoke alarms when changing the batteries of their smoke alarms. Remember … OCTOBER 31 …Change your CLOCKS … Change your SMOKE ALARM BATTERIES.
Please stay vigilant in your efforts to ensure the protection of your family.
Fire Safety … it starts with you!